Q: How do private henna appointments work?
- I have a $75 minimum for henna in San Diego. I take private appointments at my home or a local coffee shop depending on my schedule. The easiest way to get a price quote is to text me photos of the size and style you are looking to get. You can also pick a price point and allow me to create a custom piece for you. Just give me a general idea of what you like and we can go from there!
- Smaller designs (below $75) can be done at my booth location on select weekend days at seaport village. My schedule varies a lot so the days vary. Some weekends I cannot make it out. Text for more info.
Q: What are your prices for designs?
- This will vary according to the size and style of design that you want, please find some photos of what you're looking for and send them to me via text or email and I can give you an accurate price quote. Additionally you can let me know your budget and I can show you what designs would fit into that.
Q: How do I book a henna party with you?
- Party rate is $150 an hour and I have a 2 hour minimum. Depending on the location I may have a travel charge. Send your address along with your inquiry to see.
- Do note that most weekends are already booked in the spring and summer. There is some workability if Party is in the evening after 6 PM or in the fall and winter. Text or email the details for your party or event for more info via my contact page here on my website.
Q: What should I know before receiving my henna application?
- Henna takes around 30 minutes to dry so prepare to have the area you want henna’d to be uncovered for at least 30-45 mins.
- Make sure to avoid any oils or lotions on the area that henna will be applied.
- You want to avoid water for the first day so make sure to shower before your session.
- For the following day’s shower you want to apply a generous amount of coconut oil, vaseline, or a natural balm on the stain to protect it from water.
- Henna takes around 48 hours to fully darken. It starts out a bright orange and gradually darkens to a reddish/brown, so don’t freak out when it’s light when it first comes off!
Q: Can I apply henna to my belly if I am pregnant?
- Yes! I have done many pregnant bellies over the years and I can assure you I use the safest ingredients in my henna mix.
- It is recommended to consult your doctor regarding the topical use of lavender or eucalyptus essential oil, but I have never had any problems with this in the past.
- Most belly designs average around $150, please email me with photos of the size or style to get an accurate quote.
- You can also choose a price point and allow for “artist choice” where I can freestyle the design for you and you can feel free to mention any symbols you would like incorporated. This is a popular choice and many symbols clients have chosen in the past include: mandalas, lotuses, baby feet and trees. Feel free to use your imagination!